Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Every Now and then...

Received this note from a past student - I have removed the name to protect the innocent.



You probably won't remember me but my name is K. B. I was on the first Slam U team to represent Cleveland in San Fransico at the Brave New Voices poetry slam; along with, Chris Webb, Jessica, and Shawn Wright. I don't know if I ever told you thank you but I truly appreciate that experience and all the time you spent helping us to become better writers, speakers,thinkers, poets. What you taught me about performing is still embedded in me to this day.

This too was engrain in mind: "people's number one fear is speaking public . Number two is death."

Again thank you!!!!

K. B.
 That'll perk you up for a day or so.

Here's a picture of a squirrel just for the hell of it.

mgs

2 comments:

michael salinger said...

I meant to post this to my personal blog - and it ended up here accidentally - but I think I'll just leave it because I think it is something all of us promoting poetry receive every now and then.

Geoffrey A. Landis said...

It's great to hear from former students!

Cited...

The poet doesn't invent. He listens. ~Jean Cocteau