Congrats to the winners of the 2015 Hessler Street Fair Poetry Contest:
- First Place: Jeffrey Bowen, "for the godfather daniel thompson (1935-2004)"
- Second Place: Lori Ann Kusterbeck, "Simple Ways"
- Third Place: Sean Thomas Dougherty, "Surgery"
- Honorable Mention: Christine Howey, "The Killer Turkey of Malabar Farm"
Or, buy the 2015 Hessler Street Fair Anthology. This is one great book-- 129 pages, 104 poets, $14-- that's not even fifteen cents per poet. Available at the Mac's Backs booth at the fair this weekend, or directly from Mac's Backs.
And, if that's not enough, don't miss the annual Hessler Poetry Jam hosted by Ray McNiece and his Tongue-in-Groove band, from 2 to 5 p.m. on May 16th at the Barking Spider. ("The Hessler Fair's annex for adult beverages"-- Ray McNiece).
--and don't forget to make some time this weekend to go to the Hessler Street Fair itself: music, crafts, booths, dancing, face-painting & harmony park for kids, and an overall good time, 11 am to dusk, Saturday and Sunday. Map
- Friend the Hessler Fair's Facebook page