|Kite Vista (detail), courtesy Lori Kella. On view in Things That Fly, April 21-June 4, 2016.|
anticipating our new exhibition, Things That Fly, which will not disappoint your imagination. With this exhibition comes our first Ekphrastacy program with Christine Howey, newly appointed Cleveland Heights Poet Laureate, as poetry curator:
Opening Thursday, April 21 6-9pm
Thursday May 19, 7pm
- Curated by Heights Arts board member Sharon Grossman, Things That Fly brings together seven Northeast Ohio artists whose works examine the concept of flight. Seven artists--Stephanie Craig, Maggie Denk-Leigh, Lori Kella, Peter Larson, Lynn Norwood Lofton, Lynn O’Brien and Christopher Owen Smith--look to the skies in seven distinct and inspiring ways. Join us for a THURSDAY opening reception.
- And following month, art meets poetry, in the Heights Arts' continuing "Ekphrastacy" series: Join us for an evening with art and poetry. Cleveland Heights poet laureate Christine Howey brings together the Things That Fly exhibition artists with local poets AKeemjamal Rollins, Geoffrey Landis, Erin Gay, Azriel Johnson, Skylark Bruce, and Terry Provost, to respond with original verse inspired by select objects in the exhibition. It’s always an interesting night; come a bit early to get a seat and enjoy refreshments! FREE, Thursday, May 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Things that Fly: opening reception
- Ekphrastacy: poets celebrating art
- Review of the show in the Cleveland Scene
Spring Gallery Hours
Tuesday-Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm