Saturday, October 3, 2020

Passing along the pen--

I've been the moderator (or maybe I should say, herder-of-cats) for Clevelandpoetics: the blog for the last ten years...  I've somewhat drifted away from the Cleveland poetry scene lately, though. While I still publish the occasional poem here and there, and even semi-regularly show up at workshops, other conflicts have meant that I haven't been a regular at any of the local reading series for a while (even before most of them went on hiatus, or virtual, due to the pandemic).  And, more to the point, I'd been letting the blog languish while my time was spent on other things.

So I've decided I should pass the keys along and let somebody else drive.  John Burroughs shouldn't be a new name for any of you; other than me, he's been one of the most prolific names keeping the blog alive, and of course he's also been a regular feature in the poetry scene in the area. He has already been the one keeping the calendar, (and doing an exceptional job of it), so passing the moderation along to him won't be too much of a surprise for you all.

So: welcome John as the new keeper of the blog.  Good luck, and keep the heart of the Cleveland poetry scene beating.


...I might add that Clevelandpoetics is not a one-person show!  We welcome new voices, and we're open to posts, reviews, and thoughts about poetry or about Cleveland.  We have a guest post account, or we can give you access-- let us know!

4 comments:

John B. Burroughs said...

Thank you, Geoff, for your invaluable work over the past many years. Sending you love and wishing you best in all your current and future endeavors!

JJ Stickney said...

Thank you Mr Landis for all your hard work on our behalf.

Cat Russell said...

Thank you for all you've done over the years!

Geoffrey A. Landis said...

Thanks, everybody!

Cited...

The poet doesn't invent. He listens. ~Jean Cocteau