Sunday, June 4, 2017



WHERE TO SUBMIT: JUNE + JULY

written by Entropy June 1, 2017
I’ve been thinking about all that goes into these Where to Submit posts, and have been grateful for the kind words that I hear about it more and more these days. One fact you may have observed: I include only a few short story/essay/poetry contests in our literary magazine section. While full manuscript submissions are often organized around contests, I worry that having a “contest” mentality toward literary publications (particularly in the short form) can be discouraging, especially to newer writers. I like thinking of magazines and presses as living breathing organisms rather than as slot machines, and it makes me happy when our list can reflect that.
Here

https://entropymag.org/where-to-submit-june-july-3/

No comments:

Cited...

The poet doesn't invent. He listens. ~Jean Cocteau