Saturday, November 13, 2010

Deep Cleveland November 2010

Swung by this venerable series in order to catch Steve Goldberg’s reading in support of his new chapbook Tremont Crawl. Unfortunately I packed up my camera set it on the dining room table then realized it was still on my dining room table while I rounded Deadman’s Curve as I made my way from the hinterlands of Mentor Ohio to that foreign land the Indians call Strongsville. So taking a cue from my friend Karen Sandstrom I decided to sketch the reading with rather dubious results.


dc01

dc04

dc02

dc05

dc06

dc03

After the reading a contingent of us headed to the Brew Kettle where we laughed and ate sausage and nachos. If you haven’t been to a DC reading recently get out and scope it out.

5 comments:

Karen Sandstrom said...

Aww! I love it. No dubiosity to the results. (Yes. I know. Not a word.)

steveg said...

and here I was getting nervous watching you constantly scribbling in your notebook, thinking "he's going to rip me good on the blog."
Thanks for coming out, Mike, and the dinner conversation was great. We really should do it more often.

Geoffrey A. Landis said...

Ooh, great pix. Thanks for posting these!
Wish we could have made it-- we had a commitment at a conflicting event (opening of the "Inspired" photography show at Baldwin-Wallace... check it out if you're in the area.)

J.E. Stanley said...

Excellent! And thanks a lot for coming out to Strongsville. I only wish you would have read some of your own work.

michael salinger said...

@J.E. - thanks, but I think it's a good thing for poets to sit down and shut up every now and then ;)

Cited...

The poet doesn't invent. He listens. ~Jean Cocteau